Diving Gili Tepekong & Mimpang
Gili Tepekong & Mimpang are a complex of 4 big rocks (gili means little island in indonesian language) that hides underneath exciting and beautiful marine life. The access to these dive sites is from Padangbai a small coastal town in eastern Bali, just one hour from Sanur. We will take a 20 minutes boat ride to the dive sites and then we are ready to go. Usually they are exposed to unpredictable currents that sometimes can be really strong and challenging. Your guide knows how to navigate and handle them, making it an adventurous but still safe experience. Thanks to the current here the water is most of the times clear and rich of fish. And guess what, if you’re lucky sometimes during summer you can even have a chance to encounter mola mola usually founded in Nusa Penida, that may come here in larger groups.
Gili Tepekong is a big rock formation and the dive site is right below of it. Here the wall drops down very steep giving a stunning panoramic view. The coral is very healthy and the marine life rich. You can see many fish and it won’t be that difficult to spot big stuff like grey reef sharks, eagle rays, barracudas and if it’s your day here you can even encounter mola mola.
In Gili Mimpang the dive site is formed by 3 rocks standing between Gili Tepekong and mainland Padangbai. They are caracterized by a quiet steep wall that goes down to 30m depth. Turtles, sea fans, and healthy corals make the vibes at this dive site. Very common here is to see some white tip sharks that swim beneath you, close to the bottom.
Day trip Gili Tepekong&Mimpang
- 3 dives
- Vi hämtar dig runt klockan 7 på ditt boende
- Around 8am is the departure to Padangbai and we will arrive around 9am
- We will do 3 dives from the local boat (Jukung): 2 dives in Gili Tepekong-Mimpang, lunch on the boat and then the last dive in Padangbai
- Back to the shore, we will have shower and then drive back to your accomodation
- Certified as Advanced Open Water Diver with at least 20 logged dives